LAKE UPDATE OCTOBER 14, 2021 – No Restrictions
Notice to WHOA Members: PondsRx treated the lake on October 14, 2021 for some algae growth and primrose. This is the last lake treatment of the 2021 season. There are no water restrictions.
WATERCRAFT MUST BE REGISTERED WITH THE GROUNDS DIRECTOR
Watercraft (boats, canoes, kayaks, paddleboats) may be placed on the mulch behind the pool gate as long as the Woodlands member registers with the Grounds Director. The members name and phone number can be placed on the watercraft or you can contact the Grounds Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. There is limited space for this on the grounds and this is on a first come, first served basis.
RULES ABOUT WOODLANDS DAM AREA, SPILLWAY, AND EXIT CHANNEL
There have been reports about certain unsafe and damaging activity in and around the Woodlands dam, spillway, and spillway exit channel.
The manual moving and relocating of the stone riprap from the spillway and spillway exit channel has caused additional erosion. See photos below.
This activity has increased the cost to the Association as we move to arrange and make necessary repairs to comply with the 2019 Dam Inspection Report. The repairs are costly! There is a link to the full inspection report on the WHOA website in the tab section titled “Lake and Boat Info.”
Please kindly observe the following rules regarding the spillway, exit channel, and dam behind the WHOA Clubhouse, and please share these rules with your family:
– Do not play on any part of the rocky portion of the dam (this is not safe)
– Do not move stones (called “riprap”) from off the sides of the spillway exit channel and into the channel
– Stay off the spillway exit channel, the banks of the exit channel, and do not cross the spillway exit channel.
– Do not move/relocate/pile up/collect the stones (“riprap”) from the dam and build other structures, walkways, castles, towers campfires, etc.
– After moderate/heavy rains stay away from dam altogether and from the rushing water in the creeks.
– Do not leave boats or watercraft on the dam or spillway overnight.
– Please report inappropriate behavior to the Woodlands Grounds Director at email@example.com or report to the Woodlands President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for observing the rules !
Dam Safety Inspection Report August 2021
The biennial dam safety inspection was performed on August 3, 2021. See the link below to read the full Report. The final Report was filed with the Indiana Department of Natural Resources on October 29, 2021. If questions, please contact the Grounds Director at email@example.com
The component ratings, overall condition rating, and recommendations for owners to improve the condition and safety of the dam are summarized in the table on page 10 of the Report. Click here to read the full report:
To see the map of the Woodlands property boundaries, click here:
VEHICLES AND BOAT TRAILERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE PARKED ON THE DAM AT ANY TIME.
If questions, please contact the Grounds Director at firstname.lastname@example.org