LAKE UPDATE JUNE 11, 2021
Notice to WHOA Members: PondsRx treated the lake on June 11, 2021 for algae and chara growth.
RULES ABOUT WOODLANDS DAM AREA, SPILLWAY, AND EXIT CHANNEL
There have been reports about certain unsafe and damaging activity in and around the Woodlands dam, spillway, and spillway exit channel.
The manual moving and relocating of the stone riprap from the spillway and spillway exit channel has caused additional erosion. See photos below.
This activity has increased the cost to the Association as we move to arrange and make necessary repairs to comply with the 2019 Dam Inspection Report. The repairs are costly! There is a link to the full inspection report on the WHOA website in the tab section titled “Lake and Boat Info.”
Please kindly observe the following rules regarding the spillway, exit channel, and dam behind the WHOA Clubhouse, and please share these rules with your family:
– Do not play on any part of the rocky portion of the dam (this is not safe)
– Do not move stones (called “riprap”) from off the sides of the spillway exit channel and into the channel
– Stay off the spillway exit channel, the banks of the exit channel, and do not cross the spillway exit channel.
– Do not move/relocate/pile up/collect the stones (“riprap”) from the dam and build other structures, walkways, castles, towers campfires, etc.
– After moderate/heavy rains stay away from dam altogether and from the rushing water in the creeks.
– Do not leave boats or watercraft on the dam or spillway overnight.
– Please report inappropriate behavior to the Woodlands Grounds Director at email@example.com or report to the Woodlands President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for observing the rules !
Dam Safety Inspection Report August 2019
Summary: “Although the dam appears to receive some maintenance such as mowing, the level of maintenance of the dam needs significant improvement. In addition, significant rehabilitation of the dam is needed to address surficial deficiencies and apparent lack of spillway capacity. Monitoring, maintenance, repairs, engineering analyses, and improvements are required to achieve an overall “Satisfactory” rating and improve the safety and performance of the dam. The risk of Type 1 and Type 2 dam failure is considered low to medium.”
The component ratings, overall conditions rating, and recommendations to achieve a “Satisfactory” rating are summarized in the table page iv of the report. Click here to read the full report:
To see the map of the Woodlands property boundaries, click here:
VEHICLES AND BOAT TRAILERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE PARKED ON THE DAM AT ANY TIME.
If questions, please contact the Grounds Director at email@example.com