LAKE UPDATE October 12, 2022
Notice to WHOA Members:
Lake Treatment today!
PondsRx was out today for a regular lake treatment. The lake was treated for algae. This is the last lake treatment of the season. Lake treatments will resume in March 2023.
GROUNDS AND PICNIC AREA
Please DO NOT drive vehicles on the grounds and picnic area. If using picnic area, please dispose of any trash in the trash containers.
Fireworks are not allowed anywhere on the grounds or in the parking lot.
WATERCRAFT MUST BE REGISTERED WITH THE GROUNDS DIRECTOR
Watercraft (boats, canoes, kayaks, paddleboats) may be placed upside down on the mulch behind the pool gate as long as the Woodlands member registers with the Grounds Director before the watercraft is brought to the grounds. Watercraft must always be kept upside down so no water collects inside. Please contact the Grounds Director before placing any watercraft in this area email@example.com. The members name and phone number should be placed on the watercraft. There is limited space for this on the grounds and this is on a first come, first served basis.
As of October 16, 2022 this area is at maximum capacity for watercraft storage and there is no more room.
RULES ABOUT WOODLANDS DAM AREA, SPILLWAY, AND EXIT CHANNEL
There have been reports about certain unsafe and damaging activity in and around the Woodlands dam, spillway, and spillway exit channel.
The manual moving and relocating of the stone riprap from the spillway and spillway exit channel has caused additional erosion. See photos below.
This activity has increased the cost to the Association as we move to arrange and make necessary repairs to comply with the 2019 Dam Inspection Report. The repairs are costly! There is a link to the full inspection report on the WHOA website in the tab section titled “Lake and Boat Info.”
Please kindly observe the following rules regarding the spillway, exit channel, and dam behind the WHOA Clubhouse, and please share these rules with your family:
– Do not play on any part of the rocky portion of the dam (this is not safe)
– Do not move stones (called “riprap”) from off the sides of the spillway exit channel and into the channel
– Stay off the spillway exit channel, the banks of the exit channel, and do not cross the spillway exit channel.
– Do not move/relocate/pile up/collect the stones (“riprap”) from the dam and build other structures, walkways, castles, towers campfires, etc.
– After moderate/heavy rains stay away from dam altogether and from the rushing water in the creeks.
– Do not leave boats or watercraft on the dam or spillway overnight.
– Please report inappropriate behavior to the Woodlands Grounds Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or report to the Woodlands President at email@example.com.
Thank you for observing the rules !
Dam Safety Inspection Report August 2021
The biennial dam safety inspection was performed on August 3, 2021. See the link below to read the full Report. The final Report was filed with the Indiana Department of Natural Resources on October 29, 2021. If questions, please contact the Grounds Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
The component ratings, overall condition rating, and recommendations for owners to improve the condition and safety of the dam are summarized in the table on page 10 of the Report. Click here to read the full report:
To see the map of the Woodlands property boundaries, click here:
VEHICLES AND BOAT TRAILERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE PARKED ON THE DAM AT ANY TIME.
If questions, please contact the Grounds Director at email@example.com